1. Minimum Hire
Minimum hire of Motorhome is 3 nights (low and mid season), 6 night high season, and you can hire our Motorhome for up to 30 days at a time. If you would like a 2 night hire, we can accommodate this but you will have to pay for 3 nights.
Saltburn Motorhome Hire authorises the use of this vehicle up to 6 passengers including the Driver. Each person to use the safety restraints provided at all times whilst vehicle is in motion.
– Drivers must be between 25 and 75 years old. A refundable security deposit of £1000 to cover Campervan Insurance Excess applies to all our hires with UK Drivers license and with Non-UK licenses held within the EU. If your license is not in EU countries, the license will be checked by our underwriters who will notify us of any additional excess. Drivers must also have been driving for a minimum of 2 years and have no more than 2 convictions with a maximum of 3 penalty points per conviction. Drivers must not have had their licence suspended for any period within the last three years and not been involved in more than one fault incident within the last tree years.
– Main Drivers must provide Photo ID license prior to hire commencement plus 2 items of residential proof of the main Driver (2 Utility bills from separate companies less than 3 months old is acceptable.) We require a DVLA check code you can obtain this from www.dvla.gov/view-driving-licence and the above id emailing to us firstname.lastname@example.org 2 weeks prior to collection.
– Additional Drivers must provide Photo ID license prior to hire. If the Driver does not have a Photo License ID, the paper license and a passport is required.
– Details of any additional drivers are required in advance of rental period.
– Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (e.g.: parking tickets) which are incurred during the period of hire.
– Maximum of 2 drivers per rental
– All drivers must be present at Booking Hire Start Day
4. Campervan Hire Rates quoted include:
– Unlimited miles
– UK standard vehicle insurance*
– UK standard equipment & breakdown
* Insurance loading. In some cases, Saltburn Motorhome Hire will incur additional charges if the driver to be insured has a traffic conviction, is using a non-UK driving license or is in an occupation which is deemed high risk. These charges will be passed onto the customers.
5. Payment of your Campervan Rental
Availability is on a request and confirm basis at the time of reservation. A reservation is only binding after it has been confirmed by Saltburn Motorhome Hire and a deposit of £100 of the Total Booking Hire Fee has been received (or 100% if the hire is less than 6 weeks away from the booking date). Our terms and conditions including cancellation policy will apply from this point on wards. Once the reservation is confirmed, a confirmation email will be sent out to the customer. Settlement of the remaining balance will be due 3 weeks (21 days) for hires taken.
A refundable security deposit is required 7 working days before rental period starts to cover Insurance Excess and any damages or road traffic fines incurred and will be held automatically from your preferred payment card. Please note that some card payment holders do not facilitate holds on cards and therefore your deposit may be charged to your card by their request. Payment for the security deposit will be refunded automatically 7 days after end of hire provided the vehicle being returned to the correct location, undamaged, with a clean interior with a full fuel tank.
The refundable security deposit can be paid by credit or debit card and must be cleared before we can release the vehicle for your campervan holiday. I irrevocably authorise Saltburn Motorhome Hire to deduct from the security deposit any amounts due by me to Saltburn Motorhome Hire arising out of this agreement. Please note that we reserve the right to retain a £100 soiling fee if the Campervan is not returned with the interior in a clean condition. Also the toilet and waste water tank must be emptied prior to the return of the vehicle or an additional £200 soiling fee will be charged. * your booking is confirmed to check the cost for you.
The deposit covers the campervan insurance excess. If you have any damage to the vehicle , you will be liable up to this amount before the insurance pays. The only reason you wouldn’t be covered by the insurance is if you do not adhere to the terms and conditions of the insurance which can be found in our Terms and Conditions (things like driving off road, driving under influence of alcohol etc.) If you do damage the vehicle , we will get a quote and you will only pay for the damage plus any cost to us to get it fixed ie time to take vehicle to get fixed and fuel plus days off rental fleet. This will only be up to the limit of the security deposit unless you have not adhered to our terms and conditions.
6. Campervan Hire Extras
7. Cancellation Charges
Cancellation Charges for all hires in 2020 due to COV19 Pandemic
– For bookings more than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to rental start date, if restrictions should be re-instated by the Government to prohibit travel, customers may:
– Change their dates to later in 2021 or 2022
– Take a credit note for their deposit to spend by end December 2022
– For existing bookings less than 2 weeks (14 days) prior to rental start
date customers may:
– Take a credit note for their deposit to spend by end December 2021
Cancellation Charges for all hires taken in 2021 and future years
We require notice of at least 30 days and a full refund will be given minus a £50 admin fee. In the event the cancellation is outside this time the following will apply:
30-20 days prior to hire a 30% hire charge or booking deposit (which ever is greater)
20-10 days prior to hire a 40% hire charge
10-5 days prior to hire a 60% hire charge
5-0 days prior to hire a 90% hire charge
– NB : Saltburn Motorhome Hire cannot postpone or transfer money from one hire to another.
8. Rental and other charges
I will pay Saltburn Motorhome Hire:
– all rental charges
– the security deposit.
– the nominated cancellation fee in the event of cancellation of this agreement prior to acceptance of delivery of the vehicle
– the cost of any damage to the vehicle or the property of any third party, subject to the insurance*
– all government fees and duties etc
– all parking fines, other fines or penalties, and/or accidents including third party property damage not reported on return of the vehicle; and associated administration costs incurred in relation to the vehicle during the rental period
– any other fees or charges payable by me pursuant to this agreement. *
– the daily rental rate for the period the vehicle is off fleet for accident repairs*
– the cost to recover a vehicle which has become bogged.*
* This cost is up to the insurance excess amount provided all Terms and Conditions are adhered to. If the insurance deems the insurance to be invalid due to inappropriate use of the vehicle and there has been a breach by the hirer of the terms of this agreement, then the hirer will be liable for all costs.
9. Payment of charges joint and several liability
All charges and expenses payable by me under this agreement are due on demand by Saltburn Motorhome Hire. If I do not pay all charges when due, I agree to pay a late charge of 1.5% per month on the outstanding balance and any collection costs incurred by Saltburn Motorhome Hire, including reasonable legal fees. When the customer comprises of more than one person, each person is liable jointly and severally for all obligations of the customer pursuant to this agreement.
10. Campervan Collection and return
Collection: Please allow up to 1 hour for the hand-over of the Campervan to complete documentation and demonstrate our vehicle to you.
Return: Please allow up to half an hour on the return of your vehicle to hand over and check the condition of the vehicle. The vehicle must be returned with a full tank of fuel and returned in the same condition that it was rented to you. The vehicle must be returned on the date stated on the rental agreement and before the stated check out time. The hirer must advise Saltburn Motorhome Hire if they are delayed for any reason and additional charges may be charged.
I acknowledge that having received the vehicle in a clean condition and in sound working order in accordance with the departure checklist and with fuel as per the hire agreement sign of sheet:
– I will return the vehicle in a clean condition with fuel level as per departure on the return date and time set out in the rental agreement.
– I acknowledge that Saltburn Motorhome Hire will not refund to me any monies, nor have any obligation to provide a replacement vehicle, if the vehicle is returned or I cease to have the use of the vehicle prior to the return date for any reason e.g. accident, weather or theft.
11. Title to vehicle
I acknowledge that Saltburn Motorhome Hire retains title to the vehicle and that I possess the goods as a mere bailee only. I do not have any right to pledge Saltburn Motorhome Hire credit in connection with the vehicle and agree not to do so. I shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the vehicle.
12. Use of the vehicle
I agree that during the rental period, I will not and will not allow the vehicle to be:
– Driven otherwise than in a cautious, prudent and normal manner;
– Used in a manner which could cause damage;
– Driven in a prohibited area or in an area other than the areas indicated by me to Saltburn Motorhome Hire;
– Driven by a person under the influence of alcohol or drugs or with a blood alcohol level in excess of that permitted by law;
– Left with the ignition key in the vehicle while it is unoccupied
– Left unoccupied without the cd faceplate removed, steering wheel security lock applied;
– Driven by persons:
– Under the age of 25 years; or who is not authorised by law to drive the vehicle. Particulars of a proposed licensed driver of the vehicle are set out under the heading ‘driver details’ in the terms and conditions.
– Damaged by:
– Submersion in water
– Contact with salt water
– Used for any illegal purpose for any race, rally or contest
– Used to tow any vehicle or trailer.
– Used to carry passengers or property for hire or reward
– Used to carry more persons than is permitted by any relevant authority or detailed in the vehicle manual or on the vehicle or specified in this agreement
– Used to carry volatile liquids, gases, explosives or other corrosive or inflammable material
– Otherwise used in breach of my obligations under this agreement
13. Alterations to the vehicle
I shall not make any alterations or additions to the vehicle without the prior written consent of Saltburn Motorhome Hire
I shall take all reasonable steps to properly maintain the vehicle, including oil checks, water and batteries.
I acknowledge that Saltburn Motorhome Hire will reimburse me for expenditure up to UK £50.00 reasonably incurred in rectifying any mechanical failure to the drive train and engine of the vehicle (not including the water system, refrigerator, heating, audio equipment) provided that:
– I produce relevant receipts
– I have received the prior consent of Saltburn Motorhome Hire
– The damage is not due to my fault or my breach of this agreement.
Subject to the terms of this agreement, I will pay for the cost of repairing or replacing tyres damaged during the rental period provided that Saltburn Motorhome Hire will reimburse me for expenditure reasonably incurred if:
– I produce relevant receipts
– The tyre is defective and is returned by me to Saltburn Motorhome Hire for inspection; and
– The manufacturer accepts liability under his warranty,
I will be liable for any costs associated with the incorrect use of fuel ( fuel being diesel or petrol )
15. Responsibility when accident occurs
– In the event of any accident, loss or damage arising out of the use of
– I will notify Saltburn Motorhome Hire within 24hrs of the happening of the event
– Obtain the names and addresses of third parties and any witnesses and report the event to the nearest police station;
– Not make any admission of liability to other parties, settlement offer or other like offer;
– Assist Saltburn Motorhome Hire in handling any claim arising from any event, including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence.
– I acknowledge that the excess or other amount due by me in respect of any damage arising from an accident, loss or damage is payable at the time of reporting the event and not at the completion of the rental period.
– I will pay for any costs relating to the delivery of a change over vehicle as a result of an accident regardless of which party is at fault.
– I agree that the vehicle is insured for fully comprehensive insurance for damage to the vehicle and the property and medical costs of a third party less the excess set by the insurers. (Please note that our insurance does not cover medical cover for our hirers; it only covers damages to our vehicle.)
– I will have to pay an excess for any damage. The insurance excess is £1000 as agreed and paid through our security deposit (or another amount requested and agreed by Saltburn Motorhome Hire insurers for customers with points or countries not covered by standard excess).
– The security deposit is paid to cover the insurance excess and will be set against the cost for any damage to the vehicle. Our customers are liable up to the value of the security deposit paid for the insurances excess.
– Please note that resolution of damage issues is time consuming to resolve and we reserve the right to charge an administration fee in addition to the repair cost.
– I will not have any insurance cover and I will be responsible for the total cost of any damage if I am in breach of any of the terms of this agreement
– An excess is applied for windscreen damage with £100 being applied for a chip to a windscreen and £300 being applied for full replacement of the windscreen. This will be taken off the hirers security deposit.
– The customer will be responsible for damages to tyres and the cost of repair or replacement will come off the security deposit
17. Release and indemnity of Saltburn Motorhome Hire
Subject to its obligation to deliver the vehicle, I release Saltburn Motorhome Hire, its employees and agents, from any liability to me (regardless of who is at fault) for any loss or damage incurred by me by reason of this agreement, including but not limited to:
– Any loss or damage caused by breakdown, mechanical defect, accident or the vehicle being unsuitable for my purpose
– Any loss or damage to any property left in or on the vehicle, in any service vehicle or on any Saltburn Motorhome Hire premises or recovered or handled by Saltburn Motorhome Hire
– Subject to any insurance arrangements agreed with Saltburn Motorhome Hire I hereby indemnify and shall keep indemnified Saltburn Motorhome Hire, its employees and agents against any claims, demands and expenses (including legal costs) incurred or sustained by them or any of them by reason of my use and/or possession of the vehicle.
– Instances beyond Saltburn Motorhome Hire control that means they cannot release the vehicle to me due to a prior accident or fault with the vehicle. In this instance, Four Seasons Campers will endeavour to find a replacement vehicle or give a full refund of the price of hire to the customer.
18. Road restrictions
All vehicles may only be driven on sealed / bitumen roads. I acknowledge that Saltburn Motorhome Hire reserves the right at any time, at its sole discretion, to restrict vehicle movements in certain areas due to adverse road or weather conditions or any other reasonable cause
I will not allow any animals to be carried in the vehicle without the prior consent of Saltburn Motorhome Hire.
20. Definitions of terms and conditions
– Definitions of terms and conditions ‘i’,’me’ and ‘my’ refers jointly and severally to the person or persons who are the customers; ‘this agreement’ means the rental agreement, the insurance motor rental agreement and these terms and conditions. In the event of any discrepancy between these terms and conditions and any other Saltburn Motorhome Hire literature, the provisions of these terms and conditions apply.
– Saltburn Motorhome Hire – ‘Means Saltburn Motorhome Hire owned by Saltburn Motorhome Hire of Toffs Cottage, Marske Road, Saltburn by the Sea
– ‘customer’ -Means the person or persons nominated as the hirer under the heading ‘hire details’ on the insurance motor rental agreement and any person whose credit card is presented in payment of the customer’s charges.
– ‘living equipment’ – Includes but is not limited to tv/dvd player, cd player, crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils.
– ‘Over head damage’ – All drivers must be aware of the (unusual) height of the motorhome and are responsible for all damage if driven under an obstruction that is too low for it to clear – the obvious examples are low bridges and height restrictions into car parks etc. In this event neither the basic insurance nor collision damage waiver will apply and the hirer will be responsible for the repair of all damages. Overhead damage is deemed as any damage to any part of the vehicle which occurs above 6 feet (1.83 metres) and or any third party property. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of £1000 or other amount as agreed by our insurers for licenses out with UK and EU. In the event of any damage to either the vehicle or third party property, the hirer will be liable up to the full amount of the security deposit paid. The hirer will also be fully liable for all overhead damage, any damaged deemed as gross negligence and replacement or repair of windows and windscreens or tyre damage.
– ‘rental period’ – Means the hire period referred to under the heading ‘booking details’ on the rental agreement or any agreed variation thereof and any additional period during which the vehicle is in the customer’s possession or control
– ‘vehicle’ – Means the vehicle described under the heading ‘vehicle details’ on the rental agreement and includes tyres, tools, accessories, the living equipment and any other special equipment, documents related to the vehicle and any replacement or substitute vehicle which may be provided at the discretion of Saltburn Motorhome Hire.
– ‘security deposit’ – Means the vehicle security deposit detailed under the heading ‘vehicle security deposit’ in the insurance motor rental agreement. The hire rate quoted includes a standard excess of £1000 or other amount as agreed by our insurers for licenses out with UK and EU.
21. Terminating the agreement
I acknowledge that Saltburn Motorhome Hire may terminate this agreement and repossess the vehicle at any time, without notification to me, and that I will pay the reasonable costs of repossessing the vehicle, including towing charges if;
– I am in breach of any term of this agreement;
– I have obtained the vehicle through fraud or misrepresentation;
– The vehicle appears to be abandoned
– The vehicle is not returned on the agreed return date or Saltburn Motorhome Hire reasonably believes that the vehicle will not be returned on the agreed return date;
– Saltburn Motorhome Hire considers on reasonable grounds, that the safety of passengers or the condition of the vehicle is endangered. I understand that in the event of such termination or repossession, i have no right to a refund of any part of the rental charges or the security deposit
Any changes to this agreement must be in writing and must be signed on behalf of Saltburn Motorhome Hire and by me.
23. Proper law
This agreement shall be governed by the law of England in which this agreement was signed.
24. My warranties
I warrant that all information supplied by me to Saltburn Motorhome Hire in connection with this agreement is true.
25. Entire agreement
This agreement constitutes the entire agreement of the parties and there are no other oral undertakings, warranties or agreements between the parties relating to the subject matter of this agreement. Saltburn Motorhome Hire reserves the right to add or amend any rental charges without prior notice.
Finally, by agreeing to our Terms and Conditions you confirm that the details you have given are to the best of your knowledge, truthful and accurate and agree to be bound by Saltburn Motorhome Hire’s Terms and Conditions.